New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

May 4, 2011

WIP Wednesday #3

It is Wednesday again already. Well let's see, it has been a busy week with not much sewing going on here but I  did manage to get my centers made for my Dresden Plate. Now to start hand stitching them down.

And I got some  some hexies cut. I printed out a sheet from the paper piecing site and figured out what it is that I want to do. I didn't want this to be a long on going project and just wanted to make a small wall hanging. I picked a few fat quarters that I had here for 9 diamond shapes and will be using a tan for the background, those aren't cut yet. I had to order more hexies. I am using the 1 inch. They seem easy to work with.
Other projects:

The 9 patch still sits there without the backing. I still have to sew that and a small Grandmother's Flower Garden that I did  and never finished that off. I will have to dig them out and get going on that.

I did get my Paddle Wheel table topper all done and it is ready to be mailed off to my friend. I put cotton batting in the Paddle Wheel and I used an 80/20 batting for the small D-4 Patch. I think I like using the cotton batting for a table topper better. Also I didn't do much quilting on the D-4 patch so it is a bit more crinklie than I would like it to be.
I also have a Postage Stamp quilt that I started quiet some time ago. That has been untouched for a long time. With the WIP Wednesdays over at Freshly Pieced I have re found it and would like to start sewing on that again. If you are not a follower of the WIP Wednesdays go and check out all the nice blogs.

I had a lot of wonderful comments last week, thank you all so much. I know I visited a lot of blogs and some new to me. I will try again this week to visit as many as I can and I hope to see you next week and show a lot more progress.

AN ADDED NOTE------I don't seem to be able to get to my Blogs I am Following. I was on earlier and wanted to come back and look at some more of the links but can't get to any of them. Nothing shows up on my dashboard except edit the posts.....sorry I will get there as soon as I can.

14 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful dresden plate! Your table runner too! Good luck with those hexies!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Wow!! so busy and everything looks beautiful

Amy said...

love the dresdens,I think the hexies will turn out nice.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dresdens. Can't wait to see the completed project!

Jennadesigns said...

You have been so busy! I love all of it - I can't wait to see your hexagon work. I find them rather frustrating as progress seems so slow! I just posted a master-list of sewing projects I need to work on this summer on my blog ... hoping to find time to be half as productive as you!

Bree said...

Your dresdens are beautiful!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Beautiful dresdens and also so many other lovely quilts!
Thank you so much for your visit and sweet words!
Sunny wishes from Teje

felicity said...

Wow - so much on the go! I think your dresdens are beautiful. Aren't the WIP Wednesday check-ins great for staying on track?

Colleen said...

I love your Dresden plates the colors are fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing!

Marci Girl said...

Those hexies look like they will fun with such great fabrics! Your dresdens are beautiful!

Marsha Cooper said...

it all looks great

Becky said...

Very nice! I'm itching to do some hexies too!

Leanne said...

The dresdens are great! And good choices for your hexies!

Paula said...

I like your Dresden blocks - they are such a classic pattern.