New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

May 11, 2011

WIP Wednesday Week 4

This week certainly flew by and here it is WIP Wednesday again. I am linking up with Lee over at Freshly Pieced for another week of blog hopping to see what every one else is up to. I really like having the opportunity of linking up and keeping track of my WIP's.

1.5 inch strips, Postage Stamp quilt
First up is my Postage Stamp quilt. I had started this forever ago and had just about forgotten about it but then I started linking up with WIP Wednesdays and got it back out to work on. It has been a little over a year now. I did quiet a bit of work on it this week. It takes a while to sew these 17 strips together. I usually work on 2 sets at a time. I completed 6 strip sets and had 7 already done. The ones I just did are on the left side of the photo. I ran out of the white/off white for it. I have been using whatever I had. I will buy some remnants from the scrap basket at the LQS to finish this up. I have no idea how much more I will need. I wanted to make it a bit larger than a twin size but we will see how it goes. It will be an on going project for quiet some time.

Hexie Diamonds, 1 inch
Next, my hexies. I have been sitting in the evenings and working on them. I wanted to see how they were going to look. I need to cut the background squares or at least some of them. I did come up with a plan but I am not sure that I will stick to it, depends on what it looks like and if I feel like doing more. Originally I had planned on just 9 diamonds, I wanted to keep it small but we shall have to wait and see.

Everything else is still the way it was last week. I didn't have a lot of time to sew this week as I had a lot of errands to run and was not home 2 different days. I would love to prepare the backing for the 9 -Patch quilt so it will be ready later in the summer. I also have a string quilt that I made a couple of months ago that needs to be quilted but it will have to wait as well. Photo of that maybe next week.

Thanks again everyone for coming and your wonderful comments. I feel so encouraged by all of them and hopefully I will get these projects finished up in the next few months and will move onto new ones. I enjoy visiting your blogs.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your postage stamp is awesome.. I hadn't thought of that to use up my scraps.. I've got a P.P. diamond going like your hexies.. Startin' to think I shoulda gone with the hex. Enjoyed your blog!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Wow, your postage stamp progress is just stunning! It looks amazing so far, I can't wait to see how it turns out! Happy WiP Wednesday! :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

hexie diamonds a gorgeous...a lot of work

Hazel said...

Love the hexies ,the colors are perfect .

Debbie said...

Wow, you are working on time-intensive projects, aren't you!? They look great!

Dee said...

Oh, the beauty of the hexies! I'm in awe and amazed at how tiny they are!

I have my great-grandmother's postage stamp quilt...thank you for continuing the pattern with a modern twist!

Linz said...

CUTE stuff! I really want to do a postage stamp quilt too!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your little hexies!! So cute!

Anonymous said...

The hexies are so cool! I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

Lindsay Conner said...

Love those pink hexies!

Jennifer said...

I love hexies! They do take such a long time. You've inspired me to get back to work on mine!

Katie B said...

Loving your postage stamp progress! And the hexie diamonds are very cool.

Lis Harwood said...

Love what you're doing there.
I've herded my blogs into one place, please come and find me at http://piecenpeace.blogspot.com

Amy said...

The hexies are are looking nice!

Sparky said...

I adore your postage stamp quilt...bright colors..love that..and can we talk about your diamonds...oh goodness I haven't even attempted these, scares me wicked...good on you by dear...x

Unknown said...

I love all those lovely hexies!

Quilt Genius said...

I love your hexies!

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com

Bree said...

Everything looks great! I like the colors for your postage stamp, too bad you ran out of your white/off white though!

Riel Nason said...

Great job on the hexies ... seeing progress like yours makes me wonder if I should dig mine out again ...

Cindy said...

Wow, your hexies are fantastic! Will you be doing more? What are you going to make with them?

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Oh I just love your hexies, they are so sweet and pretty!

Marci Girl said...

Diamond hexies are wonderful!

Kerstin said...

Those hexies are beautiful! The postage stamps look great so far, I'm curious how you'll quilt it!

littlemissmk said...

i'm seeing postage stamp quilts all over and i love them :) and your hexies are great! thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! :)

Crunchy Diva said...

your postage stamp quilt looks so pretty, but i LOVE your hexies probably because i'm working on my own hexagon quilt.

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Thanks for your comment, I totally admire you for tackling a postage stamp quilt, I really want to do one, but am just a bit daunted!