New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

May 18, 2011

WIP Wednesday #5

It is hard to believe that May is half over with and that WIP Wednesday has come around again. Where did the week go? I have once again linked up with Lee at Freshly Pieced, hostess of this WIP Wednesday.

I don't feel like I have made too much progress this week. I have been working on the hexies and have the background fabric almost all the way around one diamond. Not too sure I am really happy with the background fabric. I really didn't want to use white because I was afraid that it would get too dirty while handling it all the time. You will probably get sick of seeing these hexies and I will probably get sick of sewing them.

I did get the backing finished for the 9-Patch or H-quilt as it has been referred to. I took some of the leftover strips and pieced them in a bit of an improv style. I will put this on hold till late August. I don't want to rush with the quilting on it and if I started it now I would feel like I had to hurry up and get it done. This will be done on my frame and I am not that great at using it so I want to take my time on it.

Everything else still sits and waits. I did get some cleaning done and had to reorganize my stash a bit, I have a small closet that I keep everything in and it was getting a bit out of hand. I also found this partially done Flower Garden. I had gotten a box of old fabric at an auction years ago and years after that I started it. I have stopped working on it several times. I still have the fabrics but was thinking I was going to end it where it was and even up the sides. Not sure what I have left for the fabrics. Some of the pieces were small and I pinned the hexie on and cut the fabric around it with the shears. I may add a few to it depending on what I have left for fabric.

I hope to show a bit more progress next week on my Postage Stamp quilt. I did find some more white/off white today while I was doing a bit of cleaning so now I can continue on that.

See you all next week!

20 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

I agree with Mary Jo, that looks like a bunch of progress! Your hexies take my breath away, just so stunning!

Susan said...

The definition of progress is "Movement, as toward a goal; advance." so I would say that anything accomplished towards your goals is considered progress! ;o) Keep up the good work!

Riel Nason said...

I love hexies. That grandmother's flower garden quilt is lovely. Happy WIP Wednesday!

Melinda said...

I haven't ventured into hexies yet but I love them. Your projects look great!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I work sporadically at making hexies but I sure haven't sewn any together yet--yours look awesome!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

your hexie is lovely nice colours

Victoria Paige @ Boutique Uniquely said...

Wow. Looks like a lot of work completed to me! You've got so many hexies! It's astonishing to me.

Have a great Wednesday!

Linz said...

I love those hexies!! Great work this week!

Bree said...

mega WOW on all those hexies! gorgeous!

Bree said...

I'm sure those hexies take time, so you've gotten plenty done this week!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

thanks for your nice comment..

Cindy said...

The flower garden is so pretty! This is a huge, huge, huge amount of work!

Kerstin said...

I can totally relate to the whole "getting sick of working with the hexies" thing, that's were I am right now. But it seems to me that you actually made a lot of progress this week on your lovely projects!

Debbie said...

I agree - looks like progress to me! The hexies are all lovely!!

Marsha Cooper said...

As I go through a lot of the WIP posts listed in Freshly Pieced, I am just in awe. There are so many talented and beautiful quilters.
I'm a beginner, and I'm sure always will be.

Katie B said...

Definitely progress! It just isn't as obvious because those Hexies are so little.

It's funny what you find when you clean! I should give that a try...

Jenniffier said...

I am interested to see how the bliss nine patch turns out. I like what I can see of the backing. It is always so much fun to just kind of piece together a back and turns out so cute.

Marci Girl said...

Seemed like a lot of work done to me too! I have a flower garden quilt very similar with a similar story as well, except my mom did eventually finish it! I love it!

Tiffany said...

I love hexies too, but darn it they're a time consuming project no matter what. They're nice to take along and work on while your waiting somewhere - like in the doctors office waiting room. My hands are always busy. Your hexies are lovely, and what a great find in your closet. You can finish it off as is and have a pretty little quilt. I like when I find fabric I forgot about.

Rachel said...

Sick of hexies?!? Never!