New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

April 15, 2011

FNSI & A Disappearing 4-Patch Block

One night Amy were on the phone and blog surfing at the same time and we found this blog with a tutorial for the D 4-Patch block. I liked the block so I thought I would try it. It is super simple and looks great when it is done. I started with a 5.5 inch block and cut them at 1.5 inches on each side of the center. She cut hers at 1 inch on each side of the center. My block measures about 18.5 when done and I pressed my seams open. This one I will make into a small table topper for a friend of mine.

Friday Night Sew In is tonight as well and I will be working on a little project for a friend of mine, just a little Mug Rug but I have done some embroidery on it. I hope to finish it up tonight and will post photos tomorrow. It is rainy and nasty out there so it is a good night to sew, sew, sew.

4 comments:

Anne D said...

What a great block. I like the 1.5 inch cut too. I think I might have to make one.

Teri said...

I love this idea. I'm going to try it out. Both your way and her way. With her way, I can use charm patch blocks and solid fabrics. I have a habit of buying those sets and not knowing what to do with them when I am done... not any more. Thanks!

Amy said...

I like the block and colors.

Hazel said...

Very nice ,pretty fabric ,I also had to try this block when I found the blog ,mine could have used more contrast, yours is perfect .