I have not had much experience with free motion quilting so the other day I thought I would give it a try. I found this sunflower panel in my closet when I cleaned it out a couple of weeks ago. I have had this panel for about 6 years but forgot that I had it. I didn't fuss with it a lot to put it together I just put a few pins in it and that was how I found it so I fired up the machine and went to work. It really didn't turn out too bad. I have a lot of practice to do before I would want to try it on a quilt but I will keep working on it and see how it goes. I would like to have a few more panels like this to try some free motion quilting on.
The front doesn't look too bad but the back when you look closely you can see how very bad the stitches are. The back is just muslin and I used a dark thread on the top so it shows but all in all I am happy with my first real try at FMQ.
I wasn't too particular about stoping and starting either. Next time I will take more time doing that.