New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

June 13, 2009

Antique Show and Sale

Today I thought I would take the day off from all the cleaning and reorganizing we have been doing here lately and while my hubby went to work I went to the Antique Show and Sale for some fun. I was not disappointed. I thought I would share a few beautiful things with you.
First this lovely blue ware. Some of this that is so very blue is called

flow blue, because the blue dye went

all the way through to the back.




Along with this lovely set.





Then I saw this beauty, what a lamp ! Any

one of us could afford it, it was cheap, just

kidding. It had

a price tag of over

$10,000. But it was pretty and the shade was at

least 20 inches across the bottom.


I will post some photos of the quilts that I saw

tomorrow.




4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Be still my heart!!! What a beautiful blue and white cup and saucer! You knew I would LOVE it! Such lovely china. And the lamp! WOW! Thanks for sharing your day with me :-)

Hazel said...

Such pretty china ,its beautiful , I love to spend time in antique stores , just wondering what the previous owners were like .The lamp ,while it is gorgeous ,it's a little over my budget, I'll have to save my pennies for that one .

Molly said...

WOW--those things are beautiful. Jay and I have collected Blue Willow dishes for years, we have a hutch that is full of it. Then I bought a Red Willow plate that has dividers in it to separate your food. I got it for $2 about 15 years ago. I don't even use it because I know I will break it. You really got some beautiful items, good shopping.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Beautiful china, thanks for sharing. Love the antique quilts too.