New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

July 22, 2009

Pink Is Not My Style But.........


I bought two of the Moda Kashmir IV charm packs some time ago. There was something about this fabric that I liked. I am NOT a person that likes pink all that much but the fabric still drew me anyway. I just wanted something simple to make, we need that sometimes. All I did was sew the squares together. The idea was to try and free motion quilt when it was done, I chickened out. I just did a diagonal line through the blocks


In the mean time my nephew and his wife came to visit, they just had a baby girl, and she fell in love with the fabric. She isn't a pink person either. What was it about this fabric?? So the quilt is going to her and I didn't want to mess it up by my poor free motion quilting skills. I did put a wavy edge on it and that was a challenge for me. It is all washed and ready to go to its new home.

8 comments:

Hazel said...

What a pretty quilt,I think the simpler ones are sometimes the best . Great colors .

Molly said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes the fabric talks to us? It might not be our first choice but for some reason we just have to have it. I'm glad you got it because it turned out very pretty. Take care

Lane said...

Lovely quilt. I'm sure the baby will enjoy it. Lane

Shirley said...

Oh I love it! And I'm not a pink person either. It's pefect for a baby girl. It looks so soft and cuddly.

Vesuviusmama said...

Maybe it is the paisley - I LOVE PAISLEY!! Nice job.

Dawn N. said...

I love it! It's very pretty (an I am a pink person) :-)

Angela said...

Pink *is* my color! The quilt is lovely - such gentle colors!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

How cute is that and you know I love pink. Congrats to your nephew and his wife.