New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

April 24, 2010

No Place Like Home!


My Mom, Thelma(the auctioneers wife) and my very best friend Diana.



I made it. I am home and ready to get back to sewing and blogging. I have had a couple of days to sort of catch up around the house. Believe me it has not been an easy task and there is so much to do yet. The flower garden has already been taken over by weeds and the strawberries have blossoms on them. The house is in sad shape after 7 weeks of hubby alone.


Mom is doing just fine. I have talked with her several times since I left and rehab is going well for her. I miss her and worry about her but I know that she will do alright by herself. I sure enjoyed her company while I was there. We had some fun and even had a bear in the back yard one night. That ended my late night walks but that was OK.


I will be getting back to my sewing on Monday. I have to figure out what I am doing with the Bee's Knees Blocks, I am two months behind and one more should be arriving soon so I really need to get those done first. Then there is the postage stamp quilt that I want to work on and a couple that need quilting. Not sure how I am going to get all this done but perhaps a little at a time.

9 comments:

Susan said...

I'm glad that your mom is doing well and I'm sure that you are more than happy to be back home! I'm sorry that we weren't able to get together while you were in the neighborhood. Hopefully your next visit will be for pleasure and we can meet for lunch and some fabric shopping!

Hazel said...

Great to hear your mom is doing well .Take your time all those task will be there tomorrow or a week from now ,don't rush yourself .

Auntie Em said...

Welcome back!

Quiltluver said...

Welcome back. Glad to hear your mom is doing well. 7 weeks is a long time to be away from home. Take care.

Kathleen said...

So glad your mom is doing better and glad you are home... it is a wonderful place to be, isn't it. You are right "a little at a time" will do it. Soon you'll be caught up and looking for new projects to start.

Angela said...

Good to have you back, and wonderful to hear that your Mom is doing better!

Sam said...

Welcome back! So glad to hear that your Mum is doing well, and its so good you can keep in touch with her via phone calls. Enjoy fixing up your garden! Sam xoxox

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a picture of your Mom! :) I am glad to hear that she is feeling better. Will keep praying for her.

Graphixman said...

Good to see your mom again Marlene, even if it is only in a photo. Hope she is doing better.

Fred