New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Heros!
Remember our fallen Heros and thanking those who serve!

Photo and text from http://www.freemilitaryphotos.com/ 


The Soldier Stood and Faced His God


author unknown



The soldier stood and faced his God,

which must always come too pass.

He hoped his shoes were shining

just as brightly as his brass



"Step forward now you soldier,

how shall I deal with you?

Have you always turned the other cheek?

To my church have you been true?"



The soldier squared his shoulders

and said, "No, Lord, I guess I aint,

because those of us who carried guns

can't always be a saint.



I have had to work most Sundays,

and at times my talk was tough,

and sometimes I've been violent,

because the world is awful rough.



But I never took a penny

that wasn't mine to keep.

Though I worked a lot of overtime

when the bills got too steep.



I never passed a cry for help

(though at times i shook with fear),

and sometimes, God ,forgive me,

I've wept unmanly tears.



I know I don't deserve a place

among the people here.

They never wanted my around,

except to calm their fears.



If you have a place here for me, Lord,

it needn't be so grand.

I never expected or had too much,

but if you don't I understand.



There was silence all around the thrown

where the saints had often trod.

As the soldier waited quietly,

for the judgment of his God.



"Step forward now, you soldier,

you've borne you burdens well.

Walk peacefully on Heavens streets

you have served your time in hell."



~To all who serve. To all who have served. To all who will serve.

No comments: