New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

May 18, 2010

Postage Stamp Trip

Mama Net's Trip
This is Mama Net's Postage Stamp Trip Around The World quilt. I am so in love with the look of this quilt. She was in the process of quilting it so there is a small hoop in it. The quilt is a queen size and it is so much prettier in life than in the photo. We put it on her bed so I could take a photo of it. I am making a Postage Stamp quilt too but I am not progressing very quickly on mine. I will sew some strips together every now and then so it is going to take awhile.

On another note, today is our 39th Anniversary. We were actually married on a Tuesday. We eloped and got married in Reno, Nevada. My husband was in the Marine Corps and had just gotten back to the States from Viet Nam the second time. He wasn't due to be home until August but was in the early pull outs that the President ordered. I happened to be in Sacramento visiting relatives and he was in southern Calif. so he called me and came up to Sacramento and my cousin took us to Reno and we got married. We were then going to meet back in NY and gather things to go to his next duty station, Oak Harbor, Washington but I ended up going back to Santa Anna, Calif. with him and we spent 3 months there having the time of our lives. We always said we never had a honeymoon but I think the 3 months such a great time that I like to think that was a honeymoon. And here we are 39 years later. Now I had better get back to quilting.

15 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Happy Anniversary! Great story!
That's a very pretty quilt you've got there.

Shirley said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great memory. We didn't have a honeymoon either. Guess it was the times. We just didn't have the money for a honeymoon. We'll have been married 37 years in July. I love that postage stamp quilt.

Rhoda said...

We'll be married 39 years in Aug. We got married before our senior year of college. Ron had a high number - something we had to explain to our kids a few years ago. Great quilt! I can't imagine the amount of time put into that.

Hazel said...

Happy Anniversary ,what a great story ,many happy more years to you and DH .

Vesuviusmama said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing the story behind the day.

Lane said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved the story of how your relationship started. Sometimes you just can't plan that stuff. Lane

Jessica said...

What a great story! Happy Anniversary! (Love that quilt, too...)

Susan said...

Happy anniversary! I wish you many more happy years together!

Angela said...

Happy Anniversary! Here is to 39 more years! :o)
LOVE the quilt! The colors are so gentle!

Quiltluver said...

Happy Anniversary! That quilt is so pretty. Such soft colors.

Kathleen said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful story. Many thanks to your husband for his service.

Lis Harwood said...

What a wonderful romantic story and happy anniversary. Wow, your story could make a great film! Or a quilt! Love the RTW quilt, such pretty colours. Have a great day, Lis x

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Marlene!!!! Wow 39 years.... amazing! You have been married longer than I have been alive. But I definitely do not feel the generational gap with you. Blessings to both of you!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Anniversary! How exciting that you are celebrating your 39th. I would love to make a postage stamp quilt one day. Right now it isn't going to happen ;-)

Aunt Spicy said...

love this quilt! and contrats on the anniversary!