New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

May 24, 2010

WHEW!!!!!

Two things...Whew! First of all I have not even gotten through one third of the blogs on the list of the Blogger Quilt Festival. It has been amazing to wander from blog to blog and see all the beautiful quilts. It is going to take a while to get through the list.

Also, I finally finished this quilt for my very dear friend. It was supposed to be done for her birthday in April but that didn't happen because I was there and not at home.This started out as a Friday Night Sew In project. I was so glad to get this quilt done, more than usual I think. I quilted the center of the quilt on my frame, I do squiggles not stipple. (No matter how hard I try to make the quilting look like I want it too, it never does and it looks more like a squiggle than a stipple.) I did some straight line quilting around the border. I used a bias cut for the binding that matches the gold in between the blocks and finished hand sewing that down last night while I was watching the last LOST episode.  I know for a fact that she is going to love it and the colors are just perfect for her house. I want to get this in the mail tomorrow because I can hardly wait for her to get it.

I hope you all have a good day, I am going to work my way through some of those blogs.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

The quilt is very nice and I'm sure your friend will love it. She's a lucky friend....

Angela said...

That quilt is beautiful - I love the fabrics! I am sure your friend will treasure it always! :o)

Kathleen said...

Pretty quilt and I like your quilting... nice!

SpinningStar said...

I can relate to squiggles...the quilt looks great!
Liz

Lis Harwood said...

Squiggles work! What a lucky friend, your quilt is lovely. I'm nowhere near finishing all the great BQF posts either but isn't it great?

Sam said...

I love the quilt you made for your friend! She is going to love it so much. I have to get onto that Bloggers Quilt Festival site and check it out! Sam xox

Ivory Spring said...

Marlene,

Absolutely beautiful. Your friend is going to feel so spoiled!!! ;)

I hope your day is going well for you.

Quiltluver said...

Your friend is lucky to get such a beautiful quilt. I've barely started on the BQF blogs. I'm hoping to get through more in the coming weeks.

Wendy said...

I love the colors of your quilt...your friend is one lucky person ... I just started my blog for this festival after putting it off for so long. I'm enjoying seeing how creative everyone is. Thank you for sharing!