New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

July 7, 2010

Use IT Up----Part 1

Scraps

I said I had to get some of my fabric used up so I have been busy cutting some scraps into usable pieces. Hubby is working nights and with a small house I sit and read while he is sleeping so I don't wake him up. He is NOT a daytime sleeper anyway and any noise in the house usually wakes him. My day doesn't really start till around 2 or 3 p.m. so it doesn't leave much time for sewing. He leaves for work around 9 p.m. and then I get busy. 


  The pile doesn't look as big in the photo as it does in life so I think I should be able to make two twin size quilts. One will be a string quilt and the other is going to be a scrap coin quilt. I hope to be able to post some progress on the coin quilt next week but hubby is working for 15 days without a day off . Right now we are on day 8 and he is worn out. So we shall see.

8 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Won't it feel good to make a dent in that fabric? Sometimes I get so distracted by all the great (new) fabric out there that I forget to use and enjoy what I have. I am trying to become more of a stash sewist rather than buying new fabric for each project, both because of economics and also to force myself to practice combining fabrics effectively.st

Good luck to both of you in surviving such a long stretch of work...15 days without a break must be very tough!

Hazel said...

I haven't bought fabric in a while but the stash doesn't seem to be going down any.Good luck can't wait to see the new quilts .

Quiltluver said...

I'd be worn out too if I had to work 15 days in a row. Did that too many times the first 8 years of my career. Glad that is over. My DH often takes naps on the weekend, so I know wha tyou mean about having to be quiet while he naps. Sound like you've adjusted your schedule to make the best of it.

Ivory Spring said...

Marlene,

I love your use-it-up concept. I have been using scraps from my scrap pile on my Civil War Bride quilt.

Tiffany said...

Nice pile! Way to go on using up your stash. I want to make a coin quilt too, but that's a ways off for now. I'm looking forward to seeing your creation.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

That's what I need to do is use up a bunch of scraps... this makes me want to start a new scrappy quilt... can't wait to see yours all done...

Auntie Em said...

Great way to get organized with your scraps. I love string quilts. Can't wait to see yours.
Hope your hubby gets a nice break after that long stretch.