New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

October 22, 2010

Improv Blocks

Improvisational Blocks
We were to do 2 12.5 blocks for this months Bees Knees. They were Improvisational Log Cabin style blocks. I love the little fish and the octopus fabric. I have not done any of this style of quilting so I really wasn't sure what to do. Also I am always a nervous wreck when using another person's fabric. I am not really happy with them, not sure why I am just not. Maybe it is this improvisational style that stumped me but perhaps with a little more practice I would be more comfortable with it. Has any one else done any of these style blocks?

Everyone have a good weekend and stay healthy, I hear there are a lot of people are sick. I hope we all have an easy winter.Personally I am all for warm temperatures and NO snow or ice. 

3 comments:

Judi said...

I love the fish, octopus, and floral fabrics in this. Great job.

Lis Harwood said...

Nearly all my work is improvisation - or 'make it up as I go along' style!!

Jennadesigns said...

I love these - they look wonderful! This is my mom's months (these blocks are for her) and I don't even have the courage to cut into the fabric yet - you're much braver than I. And you did a great job. I have a hard time with the make-it-up-as-you-go thing... I love yours!