New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

February 19, 2011

Practice

Here is what I did for Friday Night Sew In..I need the practice. I have only quilted one quilt this way(on my frame) the rest were straight stitched so I need the practice and I discovered a better light! I just put two plain sheets from the thrift store together and some batting. I am using thread from previous quilts as well. Might as well get it used up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great use of your FNSI time.

This is what I need to do. I've only done some straight line quilting, so I need to just put something together and just practice free-motion quilting.

Trudi said...

It looks wonderful! The stitches are all even, very nice! I think mickey mouse ears or jigsaw shapes when I'm doing stipple/meander quilting, I find it helps me visualise what I want to achieve. You'll have that quilt done in no time! (remember to take breaks and excercise your neck and shoulders between)

Cheryl said...

When I first started machine quilting I practiced on leftover muslim, using the sheets was a great idea,then they can be cut up for small table tops or Mug rugs with a outstanding boarder & binding!

Barb H said...

Very nice meandering. Keep practicing--it only gets better.

Jocelyn said...

Very nice. Yes practice, practice, practice. That seems to be the key.

Rhoda said...

It looks very good.

Rose said...

Looks wonderful to me...I wish my stitches were as even.

Ivory Spring said...

Marlene,

Your stitches look good!!!!