New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

March 19, 2011

Friday Night Sew In

Last night was the March Friday Night Sew In....I was a bit tired but managed to get a couple of little things done. I had met Amy for a long trek to two quilt shops in the area(sort of). We had a good time and after driving almost 200 miles, including a huge detour, I was a bit pooped. I did find the fabric for this block(below) and the Dresden Plate ruler that I have been wanting. The one I had was not really to my liking.

I did sew this block for the Untied Notions/Moda...Just One Star Project I might make another one since you know that they will get thousands of blocks and not just 100. It will be exciting to see the quilts they make with all of the blocks.

I also did more hand sewing on this Dresden Plate block I have been working on. I still have to sew the circles down but that shouldn't take long. I will be putting a bit of a border on it and have it for a table topper or a wall hanging.  I hope your Friday Night Sew In went well.

3 comments:

Hazel said...

I like that Dresden plate ,very pretty .

Amy said...

I like both projects! I am looking forward to this weeks shop hopping!

Lis Harwood said...

What a lovely piece of work, such pretty colours, just right for Spring. Was good to be sewing with you on FNSI.