Well I have finally finished the quilt. I have always wanted to to this pattern but was a bit leary of the points. I did find this pattern in a magazine and wanted to try it. I finally dug the pattern out and got busy, this is a paper piecing pattern. I think it worked out well. I quilted it on my machine in the red part of the blocks only. I always have good luck in putting the binding on to the back and then flip the quilt over and hand stitch it to the front. I think it makes for a nicer looking front.
I was very happy with the fabric selection and my niece liked it too. The fabric is all one line of fabric so they coordinated. I really like the deep reds, the back is roses and paisley print with a touch of blue in it. The binding is a tan/red stripe but looks solid from a distance. The tan in the blocks has sort of a dot through out the fabric and the other fabric is a green/brown with roses on it. I thought it was a dark green at first but the more I worked with it the more I saw brown in it. Now on to the next project.....whatever that is!