New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

April 25, 2008

A Try At Some Roses


I can't believe that May is almost here, where has the time gone? It seems that the older I get the quicker time goes. Is that possible?

I have been doing some more silk ribbon embroidery. I sent two to my life long friend,Sis, in New York. Now I am trying one for my mom and I want to send her one for Mother's Day. I used a hand dyed silk ribbon and it is dark red, my personal favorite for a rose. I finally learned how to do the spider web rose. These did not turn out all that great but it was after I did these that I finally got it all together and realized what I had done wrong with them. You are supposed to give the ribbon a slight twist and I was giving it too much of a twist. The one did come out very nice but the rest of it wasn't too good. I did try a few for practice, now I think I will start another one and this one I hope to send to my mom.

No comments: