New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

July 13, 2008

Machine Embroidered Quilt



This is a quilt that I did for one of my daughters. It was her first child and she was having a boy. I had just gotten a new sewing machine with an embroidery machine . My daughter likes sail boats so I did a sail boat theme. I spent quite a bit of time looking for the fabric that I wanted but my favorite shop had just the right stuff, as usual. I designed this on my quilt program and paper pieced the blocks after I put the embroidery on. I really love how it turned out. I made this in 2005. The back had sail boats I think, I have a photo of the back I will have to look for it. I machine quilted it which I didn't do a very good job but I had just started to machine quilt then and wasn't used to it. I did put some ties on it because it just gave it a nice look.




No comments: