New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

July 15, 2008

More Dyeing



I dyed some more ribbon, it turned out ok, I am impoving at how I get it on the ribbon. I need to get some different colors this mixing of colors is for the birds. I do enjoy it and it's fun to see what your ribbon comes out like. The color is so much different when it is dried than when it is wet and it is difficult to tell what the color actually looks like. They say steaming it makes a difference too but I can't tell. Plus I put it on white fabric to take the photo and the color never comes out good in a photo. I guess the colors look a bit bright here and they do when they are just sitting here too. I mixed up a bit of brown and mixed that in to the orange and the green, don't really care for the results but I am not very good at mixing colors either so I will order some brown so I can tone down the colors a bit.

No comments: