New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

April 8, 2009

I love this fabric!

Here is yet another old quilt block that Mamma Net gave me. I have no idea who made it or how old it is. I am not sure that she did either. I just love this red fabric, wish I had a bolt of it, well ok maybe even a yard or two. I like the black and white check that she put with it really makes the red stand out.

and here is the back of the block. It is all hand sew and very neatly too. The outside edges aren't squared and not much room to do that in. I am not sure what I will do with it. Like all the other old pieces that she gave me but I will eventually figure something out, I hope! If you click on the photo to make it bigger you will be able to see the hand stitching.

1 comment:

Angela said...

You are right, that is a beautiful block! One option might be to frame that block? My husband has made quilt block frames - you can see them here:
http://www.countryscrapquilts.com/quilt_block_frame.htm
Not trying to sell you anything, just trying to give a suggestion, if you were trying to decide how to display it. :o)
I think it is great that you have all these antique blocks and quilts. Man, if they could only talk... :o)
Hugs to you!