New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

April 21, 2009

Some of my Mom's hand work.....

I thought I would post some of my Mom's hand work. She always did such a beautiful job. They say that the back of your embroidery should be as neat as the front, well my Mom's looks like it should, as good on the back as the front.

This is a small tablecloth that she did when I was little. I remember her using it a lot when I was growing up and I have used it a lot as well. This tablecloth has got to be about 50 years old, oops I am telling my age here. I love this tablecloth and have not used it too much lately because now that I have all of a sudden started to appreciate it, I don't want to use it anymore.
The baskets are on each corner and a little design all along the edges. I know she did the crochet on the very edge of it too.

This is one side of the tablecloth and I took a photo of the back

of the embroidery so you could see what a nice job she did.

Of course it has seen some wear and has a couple of stains on it but it is still in very good shape, as far as I am concerned and I cherish every inch of it.

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful work I only wish mine looked that good on the back . What a treasure to have hand made things of your moms .

Angela said...

Your mothers tablecloth is absolutely beautiful! What a treasure to have! It is easy to see where you get your talent!
Thanks for sharing!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

How pretty, your mom did do beautiful work. The back of mine always looks a mess.

Fresh Poppy Design said...

So pretty! Love it :) very talened...