New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

May 3, 2009

2 Post Cards




I had such fun making the duck card that I thought I would try another one, actually I did 2 more. One is a sail boat card for my Godson's birthday and the other one is a tester for my Mom for her Mother's Day card. I sort of messed up the edging on both. The sailboat edging is, I think, a bit too much for it but you never know until you try something. Then the edging on the flower card I put it on and then trimmed it and when I cut the edges I clipped the stitching so I had to go back around it. It looks OK but not the way I wanted it to look. I do like the card and I will make another one.

I am only doing this because I am waiting for my husband to put my quilt table up in the garage so I can sandwich two quilts together. He went camping last weekend and everything got all wet so he had to put it in the garage to let it all dry. Now he is super busy at work and it is his weekend to work so I will have to wait till the end of the week to sandwich those two quilts.

5 comments:

Hazel said...

You did a good job on the card .I know what you mean about trimming the edges and cutting the thread I did that a couple of times .Hope you get your sewing space soon .

Angela said...

Your postcards are great! I still need to try those! :o) Thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

Hey! Thank you SEW much for the little ducky postcard for Jimmy! He loves it! We have hung it on his tack board by his crib! (So he cant ruin it!) You did such a good job on it! Thank you again for the surprise! :o) Hugs to you!

Auntie Em said...

Gee, those are both so pretty! I can't believe the amount of detail you have included in them. Great work!
Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a comment. Not much to see, but still, it was nice to see a familiar face over there.

Shirleymac said...

Very nice. I especially love the sailboat one but that's cause I'm a maritime (on the beach) type of person. Great job on both.