New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

July 8, 2009

Local Quilt Shop Sale


Just before the big weekend my favorite local quilt shop had a sale. It was a good one too. She had bolts for $5 a yard and if you bought more than 5 yards off the same bolt and every yard after the 5 was a dollar less. Some yardage was only $4. Plus they had books deeply discounted and others were 20% off, thread too.


The book in the photo I got for $3. The charm packs were Thimbleberries from 2007 and I got them for $1.50 each. I bought 4 of them, not sure what I will do with them but that was too good to pass up. Fat quarters were only a dollar each on selected ones. I only got 6 different ones. It was a good chance for me to pick up some fabric to add to my stash.

10 comments:

Lane said...

Congratulations! I love a good sale. Lane

SewCalGal said...

What a sale. I wish I could have gone shopping with you.

Enjoy!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sam said...

WHat an awesome find! Well done! Sam xox

Quiltluver said...

Wow, what a great sale, and looks like you got some great things. I haven't bought fabric in a while. A sale like that would tempt me, even when I've told myself that I won't buy more fabric for another quilt until I finish some UFO's. LOL Karen

Jocelyn said...

Don't you just love to find a great sale like that? Great stash builders.

Susan said...

Don't you just love a good fabric sale? Sounds like you got some really good deals!

Angela said...

Great finds! I am especially jealous of the charm packs. I seem to be craving them lately! HA! Good job finding such great prices - makes you feel great, doesnt it! :o)

QuiltChick said...

What a good sale! Lucky you! I think you showed enormous restraint.

Shirley said...

That was one heck of a sale! When you said 5 yards of fabric I thought "Yikes!" But at $5.00 a yard what a deal. Our shop has buy 2 meters get one free (mix and match) but our fabrics are like $15.95 a meter. You did awesome!

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

What fabulous bargains you got! I wish our shops were having sales like that. I could do with a few fabrics right now, but then who couldn't? Got my eye on a lovely range at the moment. Hope you find a lovely project some day to use them up.