I finally finished the star quilt I was working on. The quilting went fairly well on it. I did try some Free Motion Quilting. I don't think I did a super job but I am just learning so I guess it is OK. I found out which needle and thread was better for it so that is something. Plus I never tried anything this big so that was another whole deal.
As I had mentioned before when I posted the top of the quilt I used a different ruler for making the half square triangles, well that will never happen again and makes me wonder if this quilt was trouble starting with that ruler. I do like how it turned out. The fabrics I used were all from my stash including the backing and binding and some of them were favorites. I love blue anyway. I would like to make another one of these only in lots of colors and NOT using that ruler.
The back I pieced because I didn't have enough fabric for the back and wanted to use what I had for it. I like how it turned out. I did put a label on it but I put the blocks over the label to take the photo.
Update on the pack rat, ugh, seems there may have been two of them because he is still at it with the tomatoes and dropped one in the middle of one of the traps and sprung it. Also one of the traps was missing the other day. So who knows.