New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

May 3, 2010

Getting Caught Up!



I am finally getting caught up. I had two months of Bee's Knees Blocks to do. The first was a simple House block and was fun to do. The second one was a Tea Leaf block and was paper pieced. The last of the blocks are off in the mail today.

I had to trace the paper piecing pattern by hand because my printer decided to not work right and the blocks were all a different size. So I got out my light box that hubby made for me and went to work. I like to use a small stitch length with a jeans needle when paper piecing because the paper comes off easier and you don't have to worry about pulling out stitches. Then I usually do better taking the paper off first then sewing the block together.


My month is coming up for August so I had better get going and figure out what I want to do for my block. Also the Friday Night Sew in is coming up soon and I can use the extra sewing time.

5 comments:

Susan said...

It looks like you are getting back in the groove!

Have you ever tried the Carol Doak foundation paper? It tears away so easy...wonderful stuff!

oldbatt said...

Those blocks look great and I love the b&w houses with the colored doors! A Friday night sew-in - I am jealous! Lisa

Amy said...

Good to see your back to sewing, pretty soon it will be getting the garden area ready. I have not been sewing, but went to Bird In Hand Pa. and picked up some pieces of fabric to look at.. plus to get inspiration.

Auntie Em said...

I love those tea leaf blocks. Any block done with straight lines but looks like curves is always a big hit with me.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Did you do the curve piecing by machine? I have been thinking to try that..