New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

June 30, 2010

Bee Blocks for Jenna

Jenna's Bee Blocks
Two blocks I just finished for Jenna for the Bee that I am in. The block is 12.5 X 12.5. Each individual row is 1.5 and there are 12 of them. You can make the color pieces any length you want.(That one blue piece on the bottom of the one looks crooked but trust me it isn't). It is supposed to look like stacked books. Jenna sent me some fabric but most of what I used was mine. There is a tutorial for this block at Sometimes Crafter 

I enjoyed making this block for her and digging through scraps to find what I needed. I sure do need to get those scraps used up. Maybe a string quilt is in order here. I have been thinking about it and trying some out so I guess I should get busy with it.

5 comments:

Rhoda said...

I love all the different fabrics you used in those blocks. Do you just put them together side by side in rows?

Just JaiCi's Crafts said...

I really like this block!! I can't wait to see it all finished, I can't even imagine how to put them all together....sashing?

Angela said...

Such a clever little block! Great job!

Anne D said...

The blocks look great!It would make a great cushion.

Anonymous said...

Those blocks look cook, Marlene!