New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

August 14, 2010

Evening Sky

After the Storm
After 5 straight days of temperatures over 100, more like 106 with the heat index running about 110 to 115. It finally broke last night. We had a cool front come through and got some much needed rain. We had a lot of thunder and lightening as well. The town west of us had winds of 93 mph. They called it a micro-burst.Quite a bit of damage with trees down etc. We did not get that wind but we did get this beautiful sky. This is facing west north west and just after the sun took a hike over the hill.

The Moon
Then when my husband was leaving for work he said look at that moon. This was taken just a little south of the other photo, facing a bit more true west.

I have not been progressing too much on my Use It Up. I have been trying to get my things ready for my month in the Bees Knees. My printer died on me just when I needed it. So I got a new one and all it wanted to do was eat my paper so I took it back and got a different one. Happy to say this one works better! It is such an ordeal when anything like that happens because it is a 30 mile trek to the store,(one way) and in all the heat we have had lately it wasn't pleasant. But at least I am all set now and can get my packets together. Have a nice weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Kathleen said...

Beautiful sky pics! Glad you got a printer that works. I know what it's like to have to travel for stuff like that!

Angela said...

Those are some amazing photos!
We live in a small town too, so the fabric store, etc., are about 30 minutes away. Makes it a pain, but I wouldn't want to live in those bigger towns! (Was raised in a town of 500! Now live in the next town over, with a pop of about 7500.)

Amy said...

the sky is beautiful.I have become a hermit.. at least with all the heat I can get alot of cleaning done inside.

Jocelyn said...

What an amazing picture! Thanks for sharing it.

Tiffany said...

Beautiful photos! Good for you on the 'cool front', and that you didn't get the terrible winds. Printer troubles. I feel your frustration.

Jessica said...

Beautiful photos!

Glad to hear you're getting some cooler temps. I think (hope!) that we're supposed to get a little relief here too; hopefully we'll get some mosquito relief as well because they are more unbearable than the temps.

Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for us in TBK!

Rhoda said...

Those pictures are really good! I love the sun shining on those really unusual clouds.

Quiltluver said...

Beautiful pics! Looking forward to the weather breaking for us too, but that won't happen til Monday :(

Vesuviusmama said...

Wow, what a sky! Thanks for sharing.

Ivory Spring said...

What a sight, Marlene -- It reminds me of the tornado in Wizard of Oz...

Sorry to hear about your printer. Sometimes, technology can be extremely annoying! :0)