New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

October 25, 2010

Walked In or....dumped?

A week or so ago I had the back door open to the porch, I heard a noise and looked down. My goodness there was a cat. I thought where did he (she) come from? We don't know if someone dumped it or it wandered in. It looked to be in good health but when it meowed it was like the cat had laryngitis or something. It hung around the porch trying to meow. So my hubby finally took it out to the barn to see if we had any cat food left over from when we fed the coons last year, they were eating all the cubes we give to the cows and that was the only way to catch the coons. Anyway, there was some cat food left so he fed the cat and gave it some water and left it in the barn. The cat now resides in the barn, sleeping on top of the hay bales and meows to greet you when you walk in the barn, happy as can be.

7 comments:

Anne D said...

Congrats it looks like you have a cat. That is great that it has settled in and is happy in your barn. We love our dog we rescued!

oldbatt said...

We had one of those at fishing opener (last May) and yesterday she was sleeping on top of the huge pile of wool sweaters that I have acquired in the house - hmmmm....how did that happen???? Hope she/he has found a good home! Lisa

Wendy said...

Congrats on the new family member!

Angela said...

Aw, what a sweetie! I have such a soft spot for cats!

Mamma Bears Fault said...

Looks like a keeper! My first 2 pets were "dumps" as I live 2 miles off of the interstate. (I have no idea how people can do that!!). My first, was my dog Skipper who had been dumped in the middle of a snow storm. The second was my black cat, Miss Gracie, who was dumped around Halloween time. She was a great "prop" when my mom dressed as a witch that Halloween :) They were both wonderful pets, and I still miss their quirky personalities! Take Care, and enjoy your new "fur baby" - Elizabeth

Tiffany said...

A little beauty! Probably a dump. Loves a good ear rub...I can see that. Enjoy!

Graphixman said...

Pretty cute. Animals know when they are wanted, and you are sure to get love from this one.