New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

December 10, 2010

A Nasty Job!

Only a little more time with my Mom left. We did start another dresser today. This one is really nasty and I don't think we will have enough time to finish it before I go but we will get most of it done. I didn't get a photo of it before we started it but it is a nice old dresser with 3 drawers and it is made of what they call tiger oak. Should be really pretty when it is done. Mom always does such a good job on refinishing furniture. I wish I had more time with her so I could learn a little more. You can also see that there is another one waiting to get started. Mom hates paint!

Here is a photo of the other one we did, it turned out great and will look nice when the finish and the tear drop handles are put on. The door needs to be glued and there is a small piece to be glued on at the top left.

I have to run, there is an auction tonight and I am going to try and bid on two old quilts that are for sale. I hope I get them! Have a safe weekend everyone. We are supposed to get freezing rain on top of all the snow we already have. Hope it doesn't make the roads too slippery.

I hope to be able to catch up with everyone when I get home!

2 comments:

grandmarockton said...

Wow! beautiful and REAL wood too

Lis Harwood said...

Looking forward to seeing the quilts if you get them, good luck!