New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

January 9, 2011

My Mom Did It Again!

Old Quilt Magazines and Books
Here are some 50+ magazines and about 4 books that my Mom sent me from an estate that she worked on. I didn't look at all of them yet nor all of the dates but one was from 1981. I love to look at the old magazines. Most of them are in black and white but some of the later ones are in color. Still they are fun to look at. Like the one that has the article on scrap quilts and the pattern for a tumbler quilt. Amy included about 100 or so tumblers that she cut for me in the Christmas box. Then she said if I wanted some more tumblers cut to make it a bit bigger then let her know. I decided that I wanted to make my quilt a bit bigger so she is cutting me some more tumblers. Hooray for Amy and thanks a bunch, your the best.

On another note we are due to have a big storm come in tonight and leave us with 5 to 8 inches of snow. We shall see. Some snow I don't mind but when it makes driving hazardous then I don't like it. It should be a good time to cut some more fabric for those 2 scrap quilts I am working on. Everyone stay safe.

6 comments:

Hazel said...

I can see hours of relaxing and reading there , enjoy .

Sparky said...

Tell me these are your roses and fence..if they are ..stunning...
and mags...my fav pastime..

Lane said...

A few years ago, someone handed me down a bunch of older quilt magazines. I love the old out of print patterns and there was so much to learn from reading them all. Enjoy! Lane

Amy said...

YAY for all the reading material!!i hear ya about snowing, it did lastnight. then stopped long enough for Diamond and I to get out running,then it started back up on our way home.

Lis Harwood said...

Lots of things to keep you happy while you're hiding from the snow. Keep warm, and safe.

Jennadesigns said...

What fun reading material! Moms are great... if it weren't for mine, my bee blocks would still be behind and my studio wouldn't have gotten pulled together! (And hubby too, of course!) Glad yours is supportive too!