New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

July 7, 2008

A Treasure


I love crazy quilts and want to make one at some point in time. I did do some blocks but they just didn't turn out too well. I think the embroidery is what really makes the quilt and it takes some time and imagination to work on one and get all the embroidery on there. No matter what I did with mine it just didn't look all that great.



This one is one that a friend of mine sent me. Her grandmother had started it so she sent me the pieces that she had and some of the fabric too. You can see in one of the photos that some of the fabric is not much good but all in all it is in fair shape considering that it was done before 1927. The grandmother died in 1927 so my friend figured the quilt was started in about 1917. I am going to see if I can clean it up a bit and fix it up a bit and frame it. That way I can perserve it.



This photo is only of one section. It is a long section of three blocks measuring about 14 square. She had started two more blocks as well. I will post the other sections later. Now that I look at the photo it doesn't look too clear and it is a bit light.

No comments: