New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

July 27, 2008

A Neat Old Needlework Book






This is a really neat old needlework book that was given to me by someone. It was published by the same company as the silk floss that I had posted a bit ago. That must have been some company for needlework supplies and I wish they were still around. There are a couple of advertisements in the back and I will take some more photos and post them a little later on. The illustrations are very nice and the explanations are quite clear and simple. It came to me from a different source than the crazy quilt did. If you click on the photo of the writing you will be able to see the date more clearly, it is 1899. The front cover is only paper and has become unattached from the book but other than that it is in very good shape.

No comments: