New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

November 21, 2008

Another French Braid Quilt



This is my latest quilt. I loved doing the french braid quilt so much that I just had to make another one. I will get the backing for it tomorrow and finish it up this week. I am just going to stitch in the ditch on every other braid color up and down the strip around the outside of it and in the separator strips. It called for a 6 inch border but I thought the 4 inch was plenty. It measures 66X77. The brown I used for the edging and separator strips will be used for the binding. It is a Christmas present for my new sister in law. Her favorite color is green. I will have to ship it so I wanted to make sure that I got it done in time to do that. I would like to do another baby one in pastel colors and not in a graduation of color like this one and the last one but go blue, yellow, pink, lavender etc. on up the braid. Just so it could be used for either boy or girl. A friend of the family is going to have a baby in February and I want to make them a quilt.


This is not a hard quilt to make but I will make some changes in the directions for the next time. I will cut my strips longer than was suggested it would give a bit more room for measuring it to put the separator strips on. You measure from the center of the diamond out. This time I did cut the triangles a bit larger and it did help a lot. I also used some spray sizing and that helped too but I think if the strips were a bit long one would not have to use so much sizing on it. It is a bit tricky to put the separator strips on but other than that it wasn't bad.

You can see all my mess in this photo. I always have fabric all over the place. I am also working on a scrap log cabin and that is what all the scraps are.

No comments: