I bought this quilt top at an auction several months ago. I liked it because of all the red in it and it was an older top that has been around. Someone spent all that time hand sewing it and then never had the chance to put it all together. I just finished the binding on it over the weekend.
The quilter in me said to "square it up" but I couldn't bring myself to do it. It is a bit wiggly on the sides but not too bad. I tied it with different colors of cotton embroidery floss, since I have a lot of it and there are so many different colors in the top.
One of the fabrics that they used is a very loose weave and pulls easily. I have already repaired one of the patches and I see that I will have another one soon. I won't be using this quilt much but I did want to finish it off. It deserved to be finished. I don't know who made it or how long ago but some of the fabric is rather old.
A few of the patches were pieced to make them big enough. The squares are 2 1/2 inches and the quilt is approximately 73 x 86. So it is a good sized quilt. So I guess that is another UFO finished.