New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

October 18, 2011

That Is What Thought Did For Me.....

I thought when I got back that I would have some time for blogging again and most important sewing....yeah well that didn't work out. The weather was nice so we finished up on the outside of the house. Still more to go but it may have to wait till spring. So I moved inside the last couple of days and started on it. Whew! what a mess.

We put the ceiling up on the porches and got some lights. I also got a finish on the inside of the windows and got them washed. My hubby worked on the rest of the porch putting up some cedar to cover the white along the top. One of these days the white will be gone. We also need to replace the floor of the front porch. Now we need to concentrate on some frames for the inside of the windows and then I will have to figure out what I want to do for curtains.



I also painted a this table that someone gave us quite some time ago. It has a marble top that goes on it and has been broken but it is fine for outside. It was an ugly gold color and I painted it white. It will sit on the front porch under the big window. In the spring I hope to put a couple of pots of flowers on it.

Then some guy plowed through our fence and into our field and left the scene of the accident but our good Sheriff's Department caught the guy so we are waiting on all of that before the fence can get fixed. No hurry as we don't have any cows right now.

I am working on getting some old clothes cleaned out. I got a good start and lots of stuff for the thrift store. I have a long way to go in the cleaning out department but I have all winter to do it in. I hope to get back to some sewing shortly but I just need to get a handle on some of this.

Hope to see you all soon.

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

WEll it is nice to have you back..the porch looks wonderful.
It is the same everywhere; we need to clean and get ready for winter..I just put my hardwood in; and am starting to clean up flower gardens before it gets too cold or snows..you never know when that will show up...lol...take care.

Amy said...

The front porch looks awesome!! I need to clean out closets also!!