New Name

UNDER THE ROSE has a new name its.......BY THE SEAM.
I had trouble with the old web address so thought it would be best to change it.
Thanks for coming by and please leave me a comment so I know that you were here. Marlene

October 8, 2013

On The Porch Today

This afternoon I am out on the porch enjoying the warm air after cold this last weekend. I don't do cold well so I will soak up all the warmth while I can.

I have been busy doing some projects that have been waiting for me for a year now.

Last Fall I bought these two chairs and they were in bad shape. Sorry I should have taken a photo of them when I got them. After we got them hubz stripped them down and took the old paint and the rust off of them and put new seats in them. I wanted to paint them but ran out of good weather. So I finally got them done.


The table is one that I worked on last year and got painted. It was an ugly gold color. Someone gave us this table made out of re bar. The top is marble but it is cracked across the top. I have them on my front porch. And yes we need to replace the floor of the porch but just have not gotten to it yet. There have been too many other things going on.

We just had to get two new garage doors.......yikes.......talk about spending money! But at least they will be better than the ones that are in there now. I am not sure who the idiot 
was that wanted to put a garage under the house but that is one big dumb idea! We got some new doors with an R-18.5 rating so we should see some difference. They won't be in till about the 20th of October and I can't wait. Just in time for winter. Both of the ones we have now are broken. Not to the point that they don't work but they are separating and letting cold air in. They are just cheap ones anyway and I am surprised that they have lasted this long.

Also we finally got the handles on the new sink cabinet in the bathroom. Still looking for a paper holder and towel holder.


I got these at Hobby Lobby. Love that store! and my new bathroom.

Also sanded down this old stool that I got someplace. Looks like it was made for some kids to use when trying to wash hands at the sink. I didn't try and get all the paint off from it but I worked on it for a couple of days. I just put some teak oil on it for a finish. I wanted to use it in the kitchen to help me reach the top shelf in the cupboards. I used it today and it is just right. 



So now a couple more projects and then I can start sewing again. I hope. Hope you have all been well. I have not had time for anything other than try and get some things done. I wanted to go out and take photos of a few things and have not even had a chance to do that yet. Going to be too late by the time I get there. 

OK till next time.

1 comment:

grandmarockton said...

Love the stool JUST what we VERTI girls need! ( challanged